ESTP Component of NULM (A skill training program for urban youth)
Under the Employment Skill training and Placement component of the National Urban Livelihood Mission there are currently 45 Operational training centres across the State. More than 10000 candidates have been trained and around 2500 candidates placed in wage or self-employment. These training centres are mostly located in urban/ semi urban areas and cater to the urban poor. The target for training under the NULM Scheme is 25000 candidates in the year 2018-19. The details of the scheme are available at www.nulm.gov.in.
Who can be a TP under the Scheme
Punjab Skill Development Mission has floated a rolling tender for empanelment of Training Partners under the ESTP Component of National Urban Livelihood Mission. Interested agencies may apply in response to the EOI and submit the proposals accordingly. A special committee has been constituted at the State Level for conducting the evaluation of the proposals. The window for submission of proposals is periodically opened at timely intervals so that interested agencies may apply in response to the EOI. Interested Agencies may regularly check the website of PSDM for relevant updates in the Tender section at the bottom of the Home page.
The Training Partners are empanelled with PSDM under the following two categories:
Category A – Agencies having Skill Training Experience
This category is applicable to agencies which have prior experience in implementation of Government Sponsored (Central/State) Skill Training Schemes in India.
Category B – Agencies having no Prior Skill Training Experience
This category is applicable to agencies which don’t have prior experience in implementation of Government Sponsored (Central/State) Skill Training Schemes in India. All the agencies mentioned above should:
- Be a registered legal entity
- Apply under only one category mentioned above,
- Will not involve into franchising/subletting/outsourcing of any activity related to training,
- Not blacklisted by any donor agency/ State Government/ Central Government/ any competent authority,
- Will adhere to PSDM and respective schemes norms(as amended from time to time).
Terms of Payment
The maximum cost support provided for training under EST&P is Rs. 15,000/- per candidate (Rs. 18,000/- per candidate for North-East and Jammu & Kashmir States). However, the cost of training may vary based on the course curriculum, infrastructure and materials needed for the course, course duration, etc. The training cost will include cost of candidate mobilization, curriculum design, trainer’s fees, raw materials required for training, assessment & certification, placement linkage, MIS and post-placement tracking of the candidates and are in accordance with the Category wise Common Cost norms issued by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entreprise. No infrastructure development cost is supported under this component. The terms of payment is in 4 instalments, details of the same are given below :
|Instalment and % of Cost
|Commencement of Training Batch against validated candidates
|On successful certification and assessment of at least 70% of trainees
|On placement and post placement tracking of at least 40% of candidates
|On placement and post placement tracking of at least 70% of candidates
The STP shall track the candidates provided with support for microenterprise development and candidates provided with job placement for a period of 6 months. The amount mentioned above is the maximum support per candidate provided under NULM. However, if the training cost is higher than the above, then the additional cost may be borne by the State Government or by the Skill Training Provider.
Who can be a trainee
The candidates selected for training under EST&P component of NULM should be from the urban poor households only. The following conditions need to be adhered to in selection of the candidate – i) S/he should not have undergone skill development training under the SJSRY / NULM in any other trade during the last 3 years. The candidate can however be provided advanced training on the skills acquired in any previous training. ii) The percentage of SC and ST candidates being trained should not be less than the percentage of SC and ST population in the town. iv) Out of the total beneficiaries for the State/UT under EST&P; minimum 30% should be women, minimum 15% should belong to the Minority community and minimum 3% of the candidates should be differently-abled. However based on the trade and area of implementation, if the above requirement of minimum percentage cannot be fulfilled through common training programs, specific training programs targeting the above vulnerable communities may be undertaken by the PSDM.
How to register under the Scheme
You can reach out to us in any of the following ways:
- Get enrolled with DBEE who in turn will recommend the nearby Training Centre or its mobilization staff to meet you and offer you counselling and guidance.
- Find a nearby training centre and contact them directly( List of the training centres is available in the candidate corner section of the website).
- Click here to apply.
As a follow up measure , Punjab Skill Development Mission makes every effort to contact the candidate through their empanelled training partner, District Program Management Staff, and provide proper counselling both to the candidate and their parents for right selection of the courses.
Entitlement of candidates under the scheme
- Free uniform, books and learning material.
- Free access to a computer at the computer lab with working internet, one computer per person.
- Skill Training Certificate from SSC upon successful completion of the training program.
- Job Interviews and placement opportunities at no cost.
- Free counselling and guidance from the training centre or Migration Support Centre.
- For candidates (including PwDs) from special areas, undergoing training outside district of such special areas, to and fro transport cost as per actuals, subject to a maximum of Rs. 5000/- per trainee, may be payable.
- Conveyance cost for BPL, PwDs& Women (hereinafter referred to as “Special Groups”): Upon successful completion of non-residential skill training programmes, and after certification, all Persons (BPL) and women candidates will be reimbursed the cost incurred in travelling to and from the training center (1000/- per month - if distance training center within district of domicile and 1500/- per month if distance training center outside the district of domicile).
- Post placement support of Rs 1500/- for Special Areas/ Groups for Wage employment (men placed within district of domicile will be provided this support for 1 month and for 2 months if placed outside the district of domicile)
- (Women placed within district of domicile will be provided this support for 2 months and for 3 months if placed outside the district of domicile).